Car Accident Frequently Asked Questions

Click For Your Free Consulation

Car Accident Frequently Asked Questions

Car Accident Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: I have been in a motor vehicle accident. Should I go to a doctor?

If you have been injured in a car accident, it is imperative to seek medical help right away.  If you plan to recover expenses for medical bills and services, it is especially important to retain any paperwork from the medical offices regarding your care.

Q: If I’m injured, who pays my medical bills?

If you are in an automobile during an accident, the insurance covering that automobile (Personal Injury Protection Insurance or “No-Fault”) will pay your initial medical bills.  If you are a pedestrian, the insurance covering the vehicle that strikes you will ordinarily provide you with “No Fault” coverage for your medical bills.

Q: Who is responsible for my lost wages?

If you are in an automobile during an accident, “No Fault” laws may permit you to recover your verifiable lost wages.

Q: Do I need a lawyer?

Every situation is different, but in general, if you would like to seek monetary damages for your injuries, it is in your best interest to contact a Brooklyn personal injury attorney as soon as possible.  The attorneys at Jay S Knispel, LLC have the experience to ensure you will be fairly and justly compensated for your injuries and medical expenses.  In most cases, we can also expect to recover lost past and future wages as well as pain and suffering.

Q: What will this cost me?

Our law firm works on a contingency basis, which simply means that we do not get paid unless we collect for you.  We forward all costs incurred during the investigation of the accident, and only after we have collected on your behalf we get paid.

Q: Do I have to go to court if I want to recover monetary damages?

In many situations, the case can be settled out of court, but if the insurance company is not willing to fairly compensate for your injuries and other expenses, we will take them to court in order to recover whatever funds necessary to help you through this tragic situation.

Q: If I am represented by the Law Offices of Jay S. Knispel, LLC should I talk to any person, adjuster or representative who calls me about my case? 

No!  If our firm represents you, you should have all communication go through our office.  Simply give the individual who calls our name and phone number and we will take care of either providing requested information or deny their request.

The Law Offices of Jay S. Knispel Personal Injury Lawyers are here to help you.  Contact us right away, and we will be happy to discuss your options regarding your situation. If you have been involved in an automobile accident, we can help you to recover funds for medical expenses, lost wages, as well as pain and suffering.

Call us today at (212) 564 2800 for a free consultation regarding your personal situation.  Remember, we do not get paid unless we collect for you.